Online Services terms and conditions
- Genesis Energy has adopted these terms and conditions to apply to your access to, and use of, Genesis Energy Websites (including Energy IQ), all Genesis Energy Mobile Apps and any online application, portal or service relating to Genesis Energy (together, our "Online Services").
Consent to use
- Your use of Online Services is governed by these Online Services Access Terms and Conditions ("Terms"). By using our Online Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. Genesis Energy reserves at its absolute discretion the right to refuse access to our Online Services by any person (including anyone found to be breaching the Terms).
- The supply of energy or provision of services by Genesis Energy, and any special promotions of Genesis Energy, have their own terms and conditions which govern their use (the "Services"). To the extent that there is any inconsistency or conflict between the terms and conditions for the Services and these Terms, the terms and conditions for the Services shall prevail. A link to the terms and conditions for the Services can be found on the home page of our Website.
- Genesis Energy reserves the right to:
- vary the information on any of the Online Services (and may issue new versions of any Mobile App) at any time without notice;
- change, suspend, remove functionality of or discontinue any of the Online Services at any time without notice;
- amend these Terms at any time without notice, provided that if we change these Terms in a way that materially disadvantages a significant portion of Genesis Energy customers, then Genesis Energy will allow you to terminate your access to the Online Services without incurring any termination fees (if any exist). Changes will apply from the date the updated Terms are posted on our Website.
- Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Online Services following the posting of any changes to the Terms indicates your acceptance of these changes.
- If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, please do not use the Online Services.
- Our Services and Online Services are available only to New Zealand residents. The Online Services and these Terms are governed by New Zealand law, and users of the Online Services submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- The information provided on or through any of our Online Services is for information purposes only. While we have endeavoured to ensure that the content and material on our Online Services is free from errors, except as required by law, Genesis Energy does not warrant or represent that any of the information provided on or through any of our Online Services is accurate, adequate, complete, current, fit for a particular purpose, free from errors or that it is suitable for your intended use or that it will be continuously available. If you believe there is an error in the content and material on our Online Services, please contact us at [email protected]
- You acknowledge that you should not rely on the information provided to your through your use of any of our Online Services as the sole basis to make any decisions in relation to how you use or manage energy.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall Genesis Energy be responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damage of whatever kind arising out of access to, or use of or reliance on any prices and information, whether negligent or otherwise, provided on or made available through our Online Services. You acknowledge that if you rely on information available on our Online Services, you do so at your own risk.
Your use of the online services
- You must not use our Online Services or their contents in breach of any legislation, for any unlawful act, or to damage or disrupt the Online Services. If you use the Online Services in breach of these Terms, you agree to indemnify us for all direct and indirect damages, losses and costs of any kind incurred or suffered by us as a result of or in connection with your actions.
- If you begin, but do not complete, an application process using our Online Services, we may contact you using the information you have entered to see how we can help you with your sign up or to get feedback from you.
- To download any of our Mobile Apps you must have a compatible mobile device and download the application from either the App Store® (for Apple® devices) or the Google Play Store (for Android™ mobile devices). While we use our best efforts to make our Mobile App accessible to all iOS and Android mobile devices and versions of software, we do not warrant that our Mobile Apps will work with a particular device or software version.
Use of automated tools and methods
- We use Google Analytics to track and monitor site behaviour and to improve the performance of our marketing efforts.
- We use Google remarketing as a method of targeting our digital advertising. When you visit our website, we use Remarketing through third-party vendors, including Google, to show Genesis Energy ads to you as you visit third party sites on the internet.
- As between you and Genesis Energy, Genesis Energy owns or has a licence for all copyright, database rights and all similar rights for our Online Services and all trade marks and other information or materials used on the Online Services ("our Intellectual Property"). You may use our Intellectual Property and reproduce it in hard copy for your personal reference only. Our Intellectual Property may not be reproduced, reverse engineered, modified, re-posted, adapted, distributed, transmitted to any person or incorporated into any document without Genesis Energy's prior written consent.
- The App Store is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- While you own the underlying data that you have provided us with, you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, sub licensable licence to use your data for our general business purposes.
- To the extent that we have used your data to form any works that are derived from your data (“Derivative Works”) all right, title and interest (including copyright) in and to the Derivative Works will be owned by us.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information and data we collect is stored in a secure environment.
Links to other websites
- The Online Services may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than Genesis Energy. Genesis Energy does not monitor or investigate such sites and does not endorse, nor accept responsibility or liability in relation to any content on, any other websites. Your linking to any other website and your dealings with any third parties on any other website, is at your own risk.
Feedback and unsolicited submissions
- We may use any feedback about our Online Services or our Services for any purpose and you waive any right of ownership you may have in relation to any feedback. We will have no obligation to acknowledge your feedback or compensate you for our use of any unsolicited feedback.
- If you create a hyperlink to any of the pages on the Online Services, that link is created at your own risk and Genesis Energy accepts no responsibility or liability for the link. If you have not received Genesis Energy's prior written consent to create a link, Genesis Energy reserves the right to require you to immediately remove the link at your own cost and to seek any available remedy should you delay or refuse such request.
- Genesis Online has processes in place to keep our Online Services secure from unauthorised or malicious access and free from viruses. However, we do not represent or warrant that the Online Services will be secure or private, operate on a continuous or fault-free basis, or be free from viruses or other harmful features).
- If you have registered to use parts of our Online Services accessible to registered users, you are responsible for:
- protecting any user name, email address and/or password you use to access any such part of our Online Services;
- ensuring nobody other than you, or people authorised by you, access or uses the Online Services;
- ensuring you only access the Online Services from secure computers or mobile devices using appropriate security software;
- considering the security of your information when accessing the Online Services from a public or shared computer, device or Wi-Fi network (we recommend logging out after accessing your information in this case);
- any unauthorised access from your computer or mobile device.
- If you believe your password details may no longer be secure, please change your password immediately at Energy IQ on our Website, or contact us on 0800 300 400.
- When you use your credit or debit card ("Card") to make payments on our Online Services, the Card information is transmitted using a secure third party exchange. Genesis Energy does not store Card details in our billing system. We use a third party payment provider to validate all Card transactions. Card use terms and conditions apply – see www.genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/credit-card-terms. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall Genesis Energy be responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damage of whatever kind arising out of any unauthorised access to your data or our Intellectual Property.
Special terms and conditions relating to the Genesis Energy Mobile Apps
- You acknowledge that neither Apple or Google are:
- responsible for any Mobile App or its content,
- responsible for the maintenance or support of any Mobile App,
- gives any warranty or has any liability whatsoever in relation to any Mobile App.
- Genesis Energy is responsible in all respects for addressing both any claim by you in relation to any Mobile App and any claim that the Mobile App breaches third party intellectual property rights.
- Whilst these Terms are between you and Genesis Energy, Apple and Apple's subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries under these Terms. Apple will have the right to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary.
- Any questions about the Online Services can be provided to Genesis Energy at 0800 300 400 or [email protected].
Special terms and conditions relating to Energy IQ and Beta Services
- You can use MyAccount, EnergyIQ or our Mobile Apps (as the case may be) to access information about your energy use, for example, reports, forecasts, usage breakdowns, charts and other information services as well as to access new features which are still in development (together, the “Energy IQ and Beta Services”).
- We provide the Energy IQ and Beta Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The information we provide through your use of the Energy IQ and Beta Services is for information purposes only and is intended to provide you with a high level overview about your estimated current or probable energy usage.
- All forecasts, reports and other information we provide you via Energy IQ and Beta Services are based on a number of factors, which may include, (among other things), any usage information we collect, the information you provide and a modelled estimate of your likely energy use over a time period. This is an estimate of your variable charges only and does not include any fixed fees. This estimate is intended to give you an indication of what your variable energy use might be. Actual usage and costs may vary.
- We do not use the information generated in any reports, forecasts, breakdowns, charts or otherwise arising from your use of the Energy IQ and Beta Services to bill you.
Special terms and conditions relating to Energyhub
- You can use Energyhub to access information about new, smart, innovative products or energy efficient products (Energyhub).
- We provide Energyhub on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The information we provide through Energyhub is for general information purposes only and may include (without limitation), specifications, details, guides, opinions or reviews about suppliers, products or services. Such information is not intended to provide you with any advice, technical advice, recommendation or endorsement of any kind.
- Nothing in the Energyhub is intended to suggest any affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement by Genesis of the supplier or any product or service.
- Should you want to discuss your energy needs, please contact our helpful team on 0800 300 400.
- Any price displayed or referred to on the Energyhub may not necessarily be the best price for any product or service on the market at that time.
- Product names, logos, brands and other trade marks referenced or displayed on the Energyhub are the property of the respective trade mark holders. The trade mark holders are not associated or affiliated with Genesis and do not sponsor or endorse Genesis.
- Effective from 17 November 2017
All content ©2022 Genesis Energy