Energy Plus Plan terms and conditions
The Energy Plus Plan offers choice and flexibility, plus rewards like Power Shouts. Choose between fixed and flexible terms, how you pay and how you get your bills – which can all add up to discounts on your monthly energy bill. And if you’re a Dual Fuel customer, you’ll also get a bonus 5% discount on your energy bill.
- The Energy Plus Plan (“Plan”) applies to the electricity, natural gas and/or LPG (as selected by you) that we supply to residential customers.
- Under the Energy Plus Plan you’re eligible to receive Genesis Discounts and Rewards for as long as you meet the applicable eligibility criteria. More information about Genesis Discounts and Rewards is available here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/plus-plan-rewards-and-discounts-terms, including information about the eligibility criteria and any specific terms and conditions.
- Unless you have selected to fix your term:
- the pricing under this Plan is variable, this means that we can change your pricing at any time under this Plan. If we change your pricing under this Plan, we will do so by giving you at least 30 days' notice in accordance with our Standard Terms and Conditions;
- you may cancel this Plan at any time by giving us 3 days’ notice. If you have selected to fix your term and you cancel this Plan before the end of your fixed term, you may be charged an early termination fee of $150 per fuel type.
- You will be billed monthly, if your payment is overdue you may be charged a late payment fee of $14.
- The Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions and where applicable Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms also apply to this Plan.
- To be eligible for the Plan you must be a new or existing Genesis Energy residential customer and have signed up to the Plus Plan for electricity, natural gas and/or LPG and have passed a credit check (if applicable).
- In the case of electricity, your property must be on a single-phase residential connection and cannot be on an embedded network or a 2 to 8kVa load group.
- In the case of LPG, you must have a minimum 2 bottle installation set up at your property, be able to provide us with access to your property. You must also make an initial order for each of the bottles that will connect to your installation (for example, if your installation holds 2 bottles, you must make an initial order of 2 bottles).
(Together, the “Eligibility Criteria”).
What you’ll get
- The Plan will apply from the date your application is accepted by us (or notified to you by us) and will continue until your participation in this Plan is terminated in accordance with these Plan Terms, or the Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions (the “Term”).
- During the Term you’ll be eligible to receive Genesis Rewards and Discounts each month, provided that you meet any applicable eligibility criteria and comply with any relevant specific terms and conditions in relation to the Genesis Rewards and Discounts. Full terms and conditions (including eligibility criteria) for the Genesis Rewards and Discounts are available here or at www.genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/plus-plan-rewards-and-discounts, these form part of the Plus Plan Terms and Conditions.
- Unless you have selected to fix your Plan term in accordance with the Genesis Rewards and Discounts Terms and Conditions, the pricing under this Plan is variable. This means that we may change your pricing by giving you at least 30 days' notice in accordance with our Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Your initial pricing will be notified to you in your welcome email. You can view our current prices here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/for-home/products/explore-pricing.
- If you have selected to fix your Plan term, the specific terms and conditions in the Genesis Rewards and Discounts Terms and Conditions relating to the 12-month fixed-term discount will apply.
Termination and expiry
- Unless you have selected to fix your Plan term in accordance with the Genesis Rewards and Discounts Terms and Conditions, you may cancel this Plan at any time by providing us with 3 days’ notice.
- If you have selected to fix your Plan term, and you wish to cancel this Plan during your Fixed Term, we may charge you a $150 early termination fee (per fuel type) in accordance with the specific terms and conditions in the Genesis Rewards and Discounts Terms and Conditions relating to the 12-month fixed-term discount.
- We may also terminate your Plan or your energy supply in accordance with the Genesis Standard Terms and Conditions if we are unable to supply the applicable energy at your address (for whatever reason, including without limitation health and safety reasons). If we need to terminate the Plan because we are unable (or no longer able) to supply the applicable energy at your address, we will not charge you a termination fee.
- If you have selected to fix your Plan term, at the expiry of your Fixed Term your Fixed Term will no longer apply and you will be charged the standard applicable rates at the time in accordance with the specific terms and conditions in the Genesis Rewards and Discounts Terms and Conditions relating to the 12-month fixed-term discount.
- There is no limit to the number of bottles you can order under an LPG plan, however, all LPG bottles ordered under your LPG plan must be connected to your gas bottle installation.
- Genesis Rewards and Discounts are not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Genesis Standard Terms and Conditions apply and, where applicable Genesis Energy’s Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms and Conditions will also apply. Please refer to genesisenergy.co.nz/terms for further terms and conditions that may also apply to this Plan. Any changes to any such applicable terms and conditions during the period of your Fixed Term will not take effect until after your initial Fixed Term has expired, unless such changes are imposed by law.
- If these Plan terms are inconsistent with any of Genesis Energy’s other applicable terms and conditions as set out above, then these Plan terms will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency, except to the extent that these terms are inconsistent with Genesis' Standard Terms and Conditions, then Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.