Energy EV Plan terms and conditions
The Energy EV Plan (“Plan”) is a 12 month fixed term energy plan which offers special night electricity rates between [9pm and 7am] and day electricity rates between [7am and 9pm] to provide electric vehicle owners choice and flexibility for how you use your power, plus rewards like Power Shouts. Choose how you pay and use e-billing – which can all add up to discounts on your monthly energy bill. And if you are a Dual Fuel customer, you’ll also get a bonus discount on your energy bill.
- The Plan is available to residential electricity customers with an eligible Plug-in Electric Vehicle registered to your property for the duration of the fixed term
- You may be required to prove that there is a Plug-in Electric Vehicle registered to your property prior to sign up and at any time throughout the duration of the fixed term.
- Under the Plan you’re eligible to receive Genesis EV Discounts and Rewards for as long as you meet the applicable eligibility criteria. More information about Genesis Discounts and Rewards is available here, including information about the eligibility criteria and any specific terms and conditions.
- Under the Plan your energy prices are fixed for 12 months. If you cancel your Plan or your plan is otherwise terminated before your 12-month term ends, you may be charged an early termination fee of $150.
- You will be billed monthly, if your payment is overdue you may be charged a late payment fee of $14.
- The Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions and where applicable Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms also apply to this Plan.
(Together, the “Eligibility Criteria”).
- To be eligible for the Plan you must be a new or existing Genesis Energy residential customer and have signed up to the Plan for electricity and have passed a credit check (if applicable).
- Receive your bill by email.
- Your property must:
- be on an eligible residential connection and must not be on an embedded network or a 2 to 8kVa load group;
- have an eligible communicating advanced meter, if it does not, we may install one. If your property already has an advanced meter we may be required to upgrade or reconfigure this meter. If we are unable to install a new meter, or upgrade of reconfigure your existing meter (for any reason), you may not be eligible for this Plan;
- be on an eligible network.
- new Genesis Customers the Plan will apply from the date your application is accepted by us (and notified to you by us) and will continue for a fixed period of 12 months. Subject to clause  below, your Term may include a period of Interim Pricing.
- existing Genesis Customers the Plan will apply from the date notified to you by us and will continue for a fixed period of 12 months. (in each case, the “Term”).
- During the Term you’ll get fixed electricity pricing as notified to you. During the Term you will be eligible to receive Genesis Rewards and Discounts each month, provided that you meet any applicable eligibility criteria and comply with any relevant specific terms and conditions in relation to the Genesis Rewards and Discounts. Full terms and conditions (including eligibility criteria) for the Genesis Rewards and Discounts are available here, these form part of the EV Plan Terms and Conditions.
- For new Genesis customers, your fixed pricing will be notified to you by a customer sales representative. Depending on your meter type and requirements, you may be placed on an interim rate, until your fixed pricing can be finalized. If this is the case, we will tell you your interim and fixed rates during the sign-up process. We will do our best to also tell you the dates for which these will apply. Once your fixed pricing is confirmed we will let you know.
- For existing Genesis Customers, your fixed pricing will be notified during your sign-up process and by email when your Term starts.
- Fixed pricing does not apply to any government or regulatory charges that arise during the Term or of our special fees and charges .You can find a full list of our special fees and charges here.
- With the exception of any of our special fees and charges, if the any of the other prices you pay under your Plan increase during the Term, you may terminate your Plan without being charged a termination fee by providing us notice of your intention to terminate within 30 days of having been provided with notice that your prices are increasing.
- The fixed pricing provided under this Plan is based on your location, meter type and on a day/night meter configuration, any distribution charges (as applicable) and the information you provided us with. If during the Term any of these change, you move house, or we discover an error in the prices, we may (among other things), notify you of updated pricing, request that you sign up to a new Plan for a new Term (with updated fixed pricing) or remove you from the Plan and move you onto our flexible EV plan on the standard applicable rates under the EV plan in effect at that time. In such a case you may terminate your Plan within 5 days of us communicating any changes to you without incurring a termination fee.
Termination and expiry
Your Plan will terminate, and we may charge you an early termination fee of $150 (including GST) per fuel type.
- If, before the end of the Term, you:
- switch from, or stop getting your energy supply from us;
- change your meter type or configuration;
- move house;
- do not (or no longer) meet any of the eligibility criteria for this Plan; or
- otherwise cancel your Plan,
- At the expiry of the Term, you will be moved on to flexible pricing at the standard applicable rates under the Energy EV Plan in effect at that time. Unless you have accepted another fixed term plan offered by us, no fixed term will apply to your use of the flexible Energy EV Plan.
- We may also terminate your Plan or your energy supply in accordance with the Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions if we are unable to supply the applicable energy at your address (for whatever reason, including without limitation health and safety reasons). If we need to terminate the Plan because we are unable (or no longer able) to supply the applicable energy at your address, we will not charge you a termination fee.
- Genesis Rewards and Discounts are not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions apply and, where applicable Genesis Energy’s Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms and Conditions will also apply. Please refer to genesisenergy.co.nz/terms for further terms and conditions that may also apply to this Plan. Any changes to any such applicable terms and conditions during the period of your Fixed Term will not take effect until after your initial Fixed Term has expired, unless such changes are imposed by law.
- If these Plan terms are inconsistent with any of Genesis Energy’s other applicable terms and conditions as set out above, then these Plan terms will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency, except to the extent that these terms are inconsistent with Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions, then Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.