Business Energy Plan terms and conditions
- The Business Energy Plan (“Plan”) applies to the electricity, natural gas and/or 45kg Bottled Gas (as selected by you) that we supply to business customers.
- These terms and conditions along with the Genesis Business Rewards terms and conditions, Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions and where applicable Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms also apply to your Plan (“Plan Terms”).
- Under the Business Energy Plan your business is eligible to receive [Genesis Business Rewards] for as long as you meet the applicable eligibility criteria. More information about Genesis Business Rewards is available here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/business-rewards-terms, including information about the eligibility criteria and any specific terms and conditions.
- Unless you have selected to fix your term:
- all pricing under this Plan is variable, this means that we can change your pricing at any time under this Plan. If we change your pricing under this Plan, we will do so by giving you at least 30 days’ notice in accordance with our Standard Terms and Conditions;
- you may cancel this Plan at any time by giving us 3 days’ notice.
- If you have selected to fix your term:
- the Genesis Energy charge component of your rates will be fixed for the duration of your fixed term, but the Distribution, Lines and/or Network component of your rates (including any applicable unit or usage charges) and any applicable third party levies may change during the course of your fixed term and may be passed on to you on notice from us. For a full breakdown of how your business bill works visit here;
- if you cancel this Plan before the end of your fixed term, your business may be charged an early termination fee of $300 per ICP on the 12-month plan or $600 on a 24-month plan.
- You will be billed monthly. If your payment is overdue you may be charged a late payment fee of $31.
- To be eligible for the Plan you must be a new or existing Genesis Energy business customer and have signed up to the Business Energy Plan for electricity, natural gas and/or 45kg Bottled Gas, have passed a credit check (if applicable) and Genesis must accept you as a customer.
- By signing up to the Plan you confirm that you have the authority to do so on behalf of your business and that your business will be bound by the Plan Terms.
- In the case of electricity and natural gas, your premise(s) must have no requirement for interval metering.
- In the case of 45kg Bottled Gas you must have a minimum 2 bottle installation set up at your property, be able to provide us with access to your property. You must also make an initial order for each of the bottles that will connect to your installation (for example, if your installation holds 2 bottles, you must make an initial order of 2 bottles).
(Together, the “Eligibility Criteria”).
How to sign up
- Online: When you sign up online, your rates will be shown to you before you agree to join Genesis. You can accept the Business Energy Plan and your chosen Business Rewards, by ticking the acceptance box online. Confirmation of your plan information and pricing will be sent to you via a confirmation email immediately after you tick the acceptance box and submit your form online.
- All other channels: You can sign up to Genesis with one of our sales agents, over the phone, face to face or via our web chat channel. One of our sales agents will provide you your plan information, rates and/or a bill comparison with your current provider. You can accept the Business Energy Plan and your chosen Business Rewards verbally on the phone, via email or via web chat. For all channels, a confirmation of your pricing and a link to the you’re the T & C’s will be sent to you in a subsequent welcome email.
What your business will get
- The Plan will apply from the date your application is accepted by us (or notified to you by us) and will continue until your participation in this Plan is terminated in accordance with these Plan Terms, or the Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions (the “Term”).
- During the Term your business will be eligible to receive Genesis Business Rewards each month, provided that you meet any applicable eligibility criteria and comply with any relevant specific terms and conditions in relation to the Genesis Business Rewards. Full terms and conditions (including eligibility criteria) for the Genesis Business Rewards are available here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/business-rewards-terms, these form part of your Plan Terms.
- Unless you have selected to fix your Plan term in accordance with the Genesis Business Rewards Terms and Conditions, the pricing under this Plan is variable. This means that we may change your pricing by giving you at least 30 days’ notice in accordance with our Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Your initial pricing will be communicated to you;
- if signing up online, by a confirmation email sent to you immediately after you tick the acceptance box and submit your form online; or
- if signing up via any other channel, either verbally, via email or via our web chat channel. In all cases, your initial pricing will also be communicated to you in your welcome email.
- If you have selected to fix your Plan term, the specific terms and conditions in the Genesis Business Rewards Terms and Conditions relating to the “fixed term discount” will apply.
- You will be billed monthly, if your payment is overdue you may be charged a late payment fee of $31 excl. GST.
Termination and expiry
- Unless you have selected to fix your Plan term in accordance with the Genesis Business Rewards Terms and Conditions, you may cancel this Plan at any time by providing us with 3 days’ notice.
- If you have selected to fix your Plan term, and:
- you wish to cancel this Plan during your Fixed Term, we may charge you an early termination fee of $300 per ICP on the 12-month plan or $600 on the 24-month plan in accordance with the specific terms and conditions in the Genesis Business Rewards Terms and Conditions relating to the “fixed term discount.”
- repayment of any credit that may have been applied to the first bill on the current plan. The full value of the credit will be payable if you terminate the agreement within 3 months of the date of your first bill or on a pro-rata basis thereafter if the agreement is terminated after 3 months of the date of your first bill. This amount will be applied to your Genesis Energy bill.
- the Fixed Term expires, your Fixed Term your Plan will continue in accordance with these Plan Terms, however the Fixed Term will no longer apply and you will be charged the standard applicable rates at the time in accordance with the specific terms and conditions in the Genesis Business Rewards Terms and Conditions relating to the “fixed term discount.”
- We may also terminate your Plan or your energy supply in accordance with the Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions if we are unable to supply the applicable energy at your premises (for whatever reason, including without limitation health and safety reasons). If we need to terminate the Plan because we are unable (or no longer able) to supply the applicable energy at your premises, we will not charge you a termination fee.
- There is no limit to the number of bottles you can order under a 45kg Bottled Gas plan, however, all bottles ordered under your 45kg Bottled Gas plan must be connected to your gas bottle installation.
- Genesis Business Rewards are not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Genesis Energy’s Business Rewards Terms and Conditions, Standard Terms and Conditions apply and, where applicable Genesis Energy’s Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms and Conditions will also apply. Please refer to www.genesisenergy.co.nz/terms for further terms and conditions that may also apply to this Plan. If you have selected to fix your term, any changes to any applicable terms and conditions during the period of your Fixed Term will not take effect until after your initial Fixed Term has expired, unless such changes are imposed by law.
- If these Plan terms are inconsistent with any of Genesis Energy’s other applicable terms and conditions as set out above, then these Plan terms will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency, except to the extent that these terms are inconsistent with Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions, then Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.