Bottled Gas Control Plus plan terms and conditions
Bottled Gas Control plan terms and conditions prior to 30 April 2021
- The Bottled Gas Control Plus plan (“Plan”) applies to the LPG that we supply to residential customers.
- Under the Bottled Gas Control Plus Plan you’re eligible to receive Genesis Discounts and Rewards for as long as you meet the applicable eligibility criteria. More information about Genesis Discounts and Rewards is available here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/plus-plan-rewards-and-discounts-terms, including information about the eligibility criteria and any specific terms and conditions.
- Depending on your selected Bottle Entitlement you are eligible to receive 6, 9, 12 or 24 45kg LPG bottles during your term for a fixed monthly fee. Additional bottles can be ordered at an additional cost available here.
- You will be billed monthly, if your payment is overdue you may be charged a late payment fee of $14.
- If you switch plans or this agreement is terminated before the expiry of your Term, you may be charged a fee if the value of the number of bottles you have used during the Term is more than what you have paid. This is called the “Wash Up Fee.” The Wash Up Fee will be calculated on the basis of a cost of the Additional Bottle charge for Control Plus plan.
- The Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions, and where applicable Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms also apply to this Plan.
- To be eligible for the Plan:
- you must be a new or existing Genesis Energy residential LPG customer and have signed up to the Plan and have passed a credit check (if applicable)’
- have a maximum 2 bottle installation at your residential property;
- be able to provide Genesis Energy or our Distribution Company with access to your Property for delivery and connection of LPG bottles;
- be on a weekly or fortnightly bottled gas delivery schedule; and
- if you are a new Genesis Energy LPG customer, make an initial order for each of the bottles that will connect to your installation. (For example, if your installation holds 2 bottles, your initial order must be for 2 bottles).
- If it is subsequently found that you do not meet the Eligibility Criteria, Genesis Energy may remove you from the Plan. In those circumstances, subject to meeting Genesis Energy's acceptance criteria, you may be offered an alternative Genesis Energy LPG plan.
(together, the “Eligibility Criteria”)
What you’ll get
- The Plan will apply from the date your application is accepted by us (or notified to you by us) and will continue for a fixed period of 12 months (“Term”) unless terminated earlier in accordance with these Plan terms.
- The plan includes a flat monthly charge for either:
- an entitlement of up to 6 45kg LPG bottles during the Term; or
- an entitlement of up to 9 45kg LPG bottles during the Term; or
- an entitlement of up to 12 45kg LPG bottles during the Term; or
- an entitlement of up to 24 45 kg LPG bottles during the Term;
- standard delivery; and
- bottle rental.
(each, your “Bottle Entitlement”), and
- During the Term you’ll be eligible to receive Genesis Rewards and Discounts each month, provided that you meet any applicable eligibility criteria and comply with any relevant specific terms and conditions in relation to the Genesis Rewards and Discounts. Full terms and conditions (including eligibility criteria) for the Genesis Rewards and Discounts are available here or at www.genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/plus-plan-rewards-and-discounts-terms, these form part of the Plus Plan Terms and Conditions.
- The flat monthly fee for your selected Bottle Entitlement will be notified to by us.
- You may order additional 45kg LPG bottles for your property beyond your selected Bottle Entitlement. The additional bottles will be charged at an additional rate per bottle ("Additional Rate"). The Additional Rate the rate applicable for additional bottles at the time and is available at genesisenergy.co.nz/for-home/products/explore-pricing/special-fees.
- There is no limit to the number of additional bottles you can order at the Additional Rate under the Plan, however, all LPG bottles ordered under your Plan must be connected to your gas bottle installation.
Changing from an existing plan to the Bottled Gas Control plan
- If you are an existing Genesis Energy LPG customer on a plan which includes quarterly, six-monthly or annual bottle rental, you may transfer from your current plan to this Plan and you will receive a credit on your Genesis Energy LPG bill to refund you for the unexpired portion of your applicable bottle rental as at the start date of the Plan. You may continue to use your existing gas bottles until you are ready to order your first bottle(s) under the Bottled Gas Control Plan.
- If you are an existing Genesis Energy LPG customer on a plan which includes monthly bottle rental, you may transfer from your current plan to this Plan and the start date of your Plan will be the date your current plan’s monthly rental has ended.
- If you are an existing Genesis Energy LPG customer, any ordered but undelivered 45kg LPG bottles (prior to the start date of the Plan) will form part of the Plan from the start date of the Plan.
- Unless otherwise agreed in advance, we will deliver one 45kg LPG bottle to your property per order, and you may have a maximum of two 45kg LPG bottles supplied at your property under this Plan at any one time. New Genesis Energy LPG customers are required to order two 45kg LPG bottles in their first order under their Plan.
Cancellation and expiry
- If you switch your LPG supply to another retailer, cancel your Plan or otherwise cease to meet the eligibility criteria of your Plan during the Term, you may be charged a fee if the value of the actual number of bottles you have used during the Term of your Plan exceeds the total value you have paid under the Plan (“Wash Up Fee”). For clarity, we will not charge, nor credit, you any Wash Up Fee or amount, if the value of the actual number of bottles you have used during Term of your Plan is less than the total value you have paid under the Plan.
- You will not receive a credit for any unordered LPG bottles remaining in your applicable Bottle Entitlement on cancellation or expiry of your Plan.
- The Wash Up Fee will be calculated (at the date of cancellation) as the difference between the value of the LPG bottles you've ordered under your Plan (calculated at the same rate as the Additional Rate) and the actual amount you've paid since the start date of your Plan.
- Genesis Energy may waive or reduce any Wash Up Fee at our sole discretion.
- Upon the expiry of your Bottle Entitlement Period your bottle entitlement will re-set and you will enter a new Bottle Entitlement Period unless you advise us prior to the expiry of your then current Bottle Entitlement Period that you no longer wish to continue with the Plan.
- It is your responsibility to monitor you bottled gas use during your Bottle Entitlement Period. You will not receive a refund or credit for any unordered LPG Bottles remaining on expiry of your Bottle Entitlement Period.
- The monthly flat rate under your Plan does not apply to Genesis Energy's special fees and charges, including fees for urgent deliveries or non-delivery.
- You will not receive a credit for any unused portion of gas remaining in any returned LPG bottles.
- If these terms are inconsistent with any of Genesis Energy’s other applicable terms and conditions as set out below, then these terms will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency, except to the extent that these terms are inconsistent with Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions, then those Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- Genesis Energy's Standard Terms and Conditions apply, where applicable, Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions, Genesis Energy’s Direct Debit and/or Credit Card Terms and Conditions; Genesis Energy’s Flybuys Standard Terms and Conditions will also apply. Please refer to genesisenergy.co.nz/terms for further terms and conditions that may also apply to this Plan.