Basic Plan 12 months terms and conditions
The Basic Plan is our simple, no-frills option that comes with our lowest energy rates currently on offer, fixed for 12 months. Enjoy the convenience of Auto-pay (paying by recurring Direct Debit or Credit Card) and eBilling. If you’re a Dual Fuel customer, you’ll get a bonus 5% discount on your energy bill.
- The Basic Plan (“Plan”) applies to the electricity, natural gas and/or LPG (as selected by you) that we supply to residential customers. To be eligible for the Plan you must receive your bills online and pay your bills by direct debit or recurring variable credit.
- Under the Basic Plan your prices are fixed for 12 months.
- If you cancel this agreement before your 12 month term ends, you may be charged an early termination fee of $150 per fuel type.
- You will be billed monthly, if your payment is overdue you may be charged a late payment fee of $14.
- The Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions and Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms also apply to this Plan.
- If you’re paying by Credit Card a 1.0% processing fee applies.
- To be eligible for the Plan you must be a new or existing Genesis Energy residential customer and have signed up to the Basic Plan for electricity, natural gas and/or LPG and have passed a credit check (if applicable).
- You must also agree to receiving your energy bill (either by email or via the Genesis EnergyIQ app) and pay your bills by recurring variable direct debit or recurring variable credit card. You can find the applicable direct debit terms here or credit card terms here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/direct-debit-terms, genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/credit-card-terms.
- In the case of electricity, your property must be on a single-phase residential connection and cannot be on an embedded network or a 2 to 8kVa load group.
- In the case of LPG, you must have a minimum 2 bottle installation set up at your property, be able to provide us with access to your property. You must also make an initial order for each of the bottles that will connect to your installation (for example, if your installation holds 2 bottles, you must make an initial order of 2 bottles).
(Together, the “Eligibility Criteria”).
What you’ll get
- The Plan will apply from the date your application is accepted by us (or notified to you by us) and will continue for 12 months (the “Term”).
- During the Term you’ll get fixed electricity, natural gas and/or LPG prices (as applicable). This means for:
- electricity and / or natural gas the daily and per unit charges for your energy will be fixed during the Term; and
- LPG the 45kg bottle charge and monthly rental charge will be fixed during the Term.
- If you’re a Genesis Energy Dual Fuel customer (which means you have both electricity and natural gas or LPG with us under the same residential account, at the same residential property and on the same bill), you’ll also get a monthly discount on your energy bill.
- Your fixed pricing will be confirmed in your welcome email. You can view our current prices here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/products/explore-pricing.
- Fixed pricing also does not apply to any government or regulatory charges that arise during the Term or on our special fees and charges. You can find a full list of our special fees and charges here or at genesisenergy.co.nz/products/explore-pricing/special-fees.
- With the exception of any of our special fees and charges, if any of the other prices you pay under your Plan increase during the Term, you may terminate your Plan without being charged a termination fee by providing us notice of your intention to terminate within 30 days of having been provided with notice that your prices are increasing.
- The fixed pricing provided under this Plan is based on your location, meter type and configuration, any distribution charges (as applicable) and the information you provided us with. If during the Term of the Plan any of these change, you move house, or we discover an error in the prices, we may (among other things), notify you of updated pricing in your welcome email, request that you sign up to a new Plan for a new Term (with updated fixed pricing) or remove you from the Plan and move you onto our flexible Plus plan on the standard applicable rates under the Plus plan in effect at that time. In such a case you may terminate your Plan within 5 days of us communicating any changes to you without incurring a termination fee.
Termination and expiry
- If, before the end of the Term, you:
- switch from, or stop getting your energy supply from us;
- change your meter type or configuration;
- move house;
- do not (or no longer) meet the Eligibility Criteria; or
- otherwise cancel your Plan,
- We may also terminate your Plan or your energy supply in accordance with the Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions if we are unable to supply the applicable energy at your address (for whatever reason, including without limitation health and safety reasons). If we need to terminate the Plan because we are unable (or no longer able) to supply the applicable energy at your address, we will not charge you a termination fee.
- At the expiry of the Term, you will be moved on to our flexible Plus plan on the standard applicable rates under the Plus plan in effect at that time. You can find the terms and conditions for the Plus plan here or at www.genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/energy-plus-plan-terms.
Your Plan will terminate and we may charge you an early termination fee of $150 (including GST) per fuel type.
- There is no limit to the number of bottles you can order under an LPG Plan, however, all LPG bottles ordered under your LPG plan must be connected to your gas bottle installation.
- Any discounts are not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions apply and, where applicable Genesis Energy’s Direct Debit or Credit Card Terms and Conditions will also apply. Please refer to www.genesisenergy.co.nz/terms/standard-terms for further terms and conditions that may also apply to this Plan. Any changes to any such applicable terms and conditions during the period of your fixed term will not take effect until after your initial fixed term has expired, unless such changes are imposed by law.
- If these Plan terms are inconsistent with any of Genesis Energy’s other applicable terms and conditions as set out above, then these Plan terms will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency, except to the extent that these terms are inconsistent with Genesis Energy Standard Terms and Conditions, then Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.