My Energy plan terms and conditions
- To be eligible for any of the My Business Plan pricing plans ("Plan"):
- You must be current Genesis business customer;
- Your business site/s must be in The Wel Networks;
- You must not be on a controlled meter; and
- Genesis must receive your quote acceptance within the applicable timeframe as per your quote (or any applicable timeframe as agreed by Genesis).
- The Plan includes:
- Variable pricing for “off-peak”, “shoulder” and “peak” periods over a 24-hour period. The Genesis Energy component of your pricing (including the per unit variable charge and daily fixed charge) will be fixed for one calendar year beginning 1 January of the applicable year (e.g. for Plans entered into in 2018, prices will be fixed for 1 calendar year beginning 1 January 2018).
Eligibility, exclusions, termination and expiry
- While the Genesis Energy component of the Daily Fixed Charge and the Variable Rate are fixed for one calendar year, the network/distribution (lines) company's charges and any applicable levies included in the Daily Fixed Charge and the Variable Rate(s) may change at any time and may be passed on to you.
- Prices are subject to review at the end of each calendar year.
- If you are currently in fixed term plan with Genesis, and that plan is subject to a termination fee, and you sign up to the Plan, the termination fee for your existing plan will be waived.
- The pricing provided under the Plan is based on your location, current usage, meter type and configuration. If it is subsequently found out that you do not (or no longer) meet the above eligibility criteria or if you move premise, Genesis may remove you from the Plan. In those circumstances, subject to meeting Genesis’ acceptance criteria, you may be offered (as applicable) Genesis’ standard pricing for your network, pricing plan and meter type on its standard terms and conditions of energy supply.
- The plan will end if:
- You change your meter type or configuration; or
- You change premises.
- Fixed prices do not apply:
- If Genesis discovers an error in the prices;
- To Genesis, special fees and charges;
- To any government, regulatory, industry body levies and/or charges;
- If any information you gave us is incorrect;
- If any information relating to your meter type is incorrect;
- If your meter type or pricing plans changes; and/or
- Unless otherwise stated, if you move premises, in which case the standard prices for the network, meter type and pricing plan for your new premises will apply for the remainder of the term.
- Genesis Energy makes no representations as to the accuracy or fitness for purpose of any information provided to you in the quote, including any comparisons, such comparisons are for information purposes only.
- This Plan is not available in conjunction (in part or in whole) with any other offer from Genesis unless agreed to by Genesis. The Plan is not eligible for a prompt payment discount.
- This Plan is not transferable, refundable nor redeemable for cash.
- Genesis reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in any way and at any time.
- Genesis Energy reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Plan at any time and at its sole discretion.
- If these terms are inconsistent with any of Genesis’ other applicable terms and conditions as set out below, then these terms will prevail to the extent of any consistency, except to the extent that these terms are inconsistent with the Genesis Standard Terms and Conditions, then those Genesis Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- All new customer applications are subject to a credit check.
- A 0.7% processing fee applies to each credit or debit card transactions.
- Entry into this Plan confirms full acceptance of all the Terms and Conditions of the Plan.
- Genesis’ Standard Terms and Conditions apply and, where applicable, the Genesis Direct Debit and/or Credit Card Terms and Conditions will also apply. Please refer to www.genesisenergy.co.nz/terms for further terms and conditions that may also apply to this Plan. Any changes to any such applicable terms and conditions during the period of your fixed term will not take effect until after your initial fixed term has expired, unless such changes are imposed by law.
All content ©2022 Genesis Energy