FarmHouse Ruralco offer terms and conditions
As of 24 December 2020
View terms related to accounts signed up prior to 24 December 2020.
- To be eligible for the FarmHouse Offer ("FH Offer"), you must:
- be a new or existing Genesis Energy residential or small business customer on a variable plan or on a fixed term plan that expires before the start date of the plan; and
- sign up a new account being either:
- If you are Genesis Energy residential Customer, you open a new Small Business account; or
- If you are a Genesis Energy Small Business Customer, you open a new account for your residential premises;
- Your new residential account will need to be your primary residence
- For one Small Business account will need to consume on average 30,000Kwh per annum
- One account needs to be electricity
- In each case, be a Ashburton Trading Society ("Ruralco") member charging your Genesis Energy bills to your Ruralco account; and
- Have a minimum of two Genesis Energy accounts [at least one residential account and one small business account] with at least one account being a new account opened before the start date of the plan (can be a residential account).
- sign up to an eSaver plan for the residential account and a Powerfreeze / Gasfreeze plan for electricity and/or natural gas for your small business account, in each case for a fixed term of 12 or 24 months (“Fixed Plan”). LPG customers sign up to the LPG Smart Plan (no fixed term contract is required/available); and
- maintain both the residential and small business accounts with Genesis Energy at all times during the fixed term; and
- for the residential account, be on a standard single-phase residential connection and not be on an embedded network or on a 2 to 8kVa load group and for the small business account, not be a Time of Use customer.
- Your small business account primary purpose must be related to the production or servicing of the agribusiness segment.
- The energy component of the Fixed Plan is fixed during the 12 month or 24 month term of the relevant plan (the per unit variable charge and daily fixed charge). However, the distribution charges, network / distribution charges and other third party charges (as set out below) may change during the Fixed Term, and Genesis Energy may pass these changes on to you.
- The Fixed Plan will commence from the start date of that Fixed Plan shown on your first monthly bill (which, once you have satisfied the credit criteria, the first bill for the FH Offer may be the following month).
- If you pay your bills in full and on time you will also receive the prompt payment discount of:
- Residential: electricity and natural gas on the Fixed Plan and LPG on the Smart Plan, up to 14%; or
- SME: prompt payment discount provided at time of sign up.
Eligibility, exclusions, termination and expiry:
- Any bill credit offered under the eSaver Plan will not apply under the FH Offer. This FH Offer is not eligible to earn Fly Buys points.
- Only one method of payment can be used to pay the monthly bill under the FH Offer. Genesis Energy may contact you to confirm the payment method if this is unclear at the time you sign up to the FH Offer.
- Genesis Energy may be prevented from grouping all nominated accounts, in which case, you may continue to receive multiple bills.
- Time of Use customers are excluded.
- The pricing provided under the FH Offer is based on your location, meter type and configuration. If it is subsequently found that you do not (or no longer) meet the above eligibility criteria or if you move house, Genesis Energy may remove you from the FH Offer. In those circumstances, subject to meeting Genesis Energy's acceptance criteria, you may be offered (as applicable) Genesis Energy's:
- standard pricing for your network, pricing plan and meter type on its standard terms and conditions of energy supply; and/or
- standard pricing for your natural gas region on its standard terms and conditions of energy supply.
- If, before the end of the term, you:
- switch from, or stop getting your energy supply from Genesis Energy;
- change your meter type or configuration;
- change address;
- voluntarily move from your Plan to Genesis Energy's standard pricing or another plan,
- Genesis Energy may charge you:
- An early cancellation fee of up to $600 (excluding GST) per ICP which will be charged to your Genesis Energy bill, plus (where relevant);
- Repayment of any credit that may have been applied to the first bill on the current plan. The full value of the credit will be payable if you terminate the agreement within 3 months of the date of your first bill or on a pro-rata basis thereafter if the agreement is terminated after 3 months of the date of your first bill. This amount will be applied to your Genesis Energy bill.
- If Genesis Energy is unable to supply the applicable energy at your new address, Genesis Energy will not charge you an early cancellation fee.
- Fixed prices do not apply:
- if Genesis Energy discovers an error in the prices;
- to Genesis Energy's special fees and charges;
- to any government, regulatory, industry body or Electricity Authority levies and/or charges
- if any information you gave us is incorrect;
- if any information relating to your meter type is incorrect;
- if your meter type or pricing plan changes; and/or
- unless stated otherwise, if you move home, in which case the standard prices for the network, meter type and pricing plan for your new home will apply for the remainder of the term.
- Excludes Natural Gas only and LPG only customers.
- At the expiry of the Fixed Plan, you will be charged the standard applicable prices in effect at that time.
Pick your payment date
- To be eligible, you must meet our minimum credit criteria, be a business customer and have an Advanced Meter. Time of Use (TOU) Sites are not eligible.
- Contact us or select your payment date in My Account. You can change your payment date once per Customer Number in a 12 month period at no cost. A $10 fee applies per Customer Number for any further payment date changes in that 12 month period. (Your Customer Number can be found on your bill).
- If the payment date you select falls on a non-working day it will be processed on the next working day.
- If your payment date falls on the 29th, 30th or 31st of the month and a month doesn’t have those dates, it will be processed on the next working day.
- This FH Offer is not available in conjunction (in part or in whole) with any other offer from Genesis Energy unless previously agreed to.
- This FH Offer is not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- Genesis Energy reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in any way up to the expiry of this FH Offer.
- If these terms are inconsistent with any of Genesis Energy’s other applicable terms and conditions as set out below, then these terms will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency, except to the extent that these terms are inconsistent with Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions, then those Genesis Energy’s Standard Terms and Conditions will prevail.
- All new customer applications are subject to a credit check.
- If the FH Offer and/or Fixed Plan includes any bill credits, only one bill credit will be credited per customer and/or per home during the Offer period.
- Entry into this FH Offer implies full acceptance of all the terms and conditions of the Offer.
- Genesis Energy's Standard Terms and Conditions apply and, where applicable, Genesis Energy's LPG Terms and Conditions, Genesis Energy's Direct Debit and/or Credit Card Terms and Conditions. Please refer to here for further terms and conditions that may also apply to this Offer. Any changes to any such applicable terms and conditions during the period of your fixed term will not take effect until after your initial fixed term has expired, unless such changes are imposed by law.