Generate Your Own Power with HomeGen
HomeGen is for customers who generate their own electricity, who wish to sell the electricity they don't use back to The Grid.
Who is HomeGen for?
Residential customers who have home generation equipment installed (Solar, Wind, Hydro or other, we do not endorse or recommend any particular technology or supplier).
We define HomeGen as residences with less than 10 kW output.
How does it work?
You Generate Electricity for your HomeGen:
- Solar panels generate electricity.
- Excess Electricity is passed from your meter through to the power lines company
- The Electricity is sold on the wholesale market.
- Electricity sold via HomeGen shows as a credit on your Genesis Energy bill.
What do I need?
- Home Generation Equipment (Solar, Wind, Hydro or other, we do not endorse or recommend any particular technology or supplier).
- All your energy with Genesis Energy
- A HomeGen Meter ( This costs $100 to install and will replace your current Meter) plus any charges by the lines company in your area.
Information about Homegen is available at the following link:
For further information around Home Generation please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred contact method and details
Terms and conditions do apply.