Environmental Reporting at Huntly Power Station
Genesis Energy communicates its environmental performance with stakeholders on a regular basis via both formal annual reporting and less formal processes such as meetings and newsletters.
Huntly Consultative Group Meetings
Meetings of the Huntly Consultative Group are held in the Seminar Rooms at the Huntly Power Station on a quarterly basis. The meetings are attended by local iwi, neighbours, members of the community and staff from various organisations such as the District and Regional Councils. These meetings function as an information forum for the local community allowing Genesis Energy to communicate with its stakeholders about various activities at the Huntly Power Station.
Further information and dates of future Huntly Consultative Group Meetings can be obtained from the Huntly Power Station on (07) 828 6800.
Summary Environmental Report
A Summary Environmental Report (SER) is produced for Huntly Power Station and provides, in a reader-friendly format, the following:
- An overview of the Huntly site and the existing knowledge base which has been developed over many years on how it interacts with its surrounding environment;
- A description of the ongoing environmental monitoring undertaken at and around the Huntly site, a description of the reasons for that monitoring, and a summary and interpretation of the results;
- A description of the ongoing work being carried out to further improve environmental performance at the Huntly site;
- A summary of the various environmental projects being undertaken by Genesis Energy in the Huntly area; and
- An overview of Genesis Energy’s approach to replacing key air and water-related resource consents at the Huntly site, which are due to expire in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
A printed copy of this report may be obtained from the Huntly Power Station 07 828 6800.
Compliance Monitoring Reports
Compliance monitoring reports are produced in relation to a number of activities that are carried out at the Huntly Power Station. Some of the monitoring programmes are related to the resource consents and others are in response to community concerns.
Genesis Energy currently undertakes monitoring of:
- Air emissions
- Soil and grass
- Treated process waters to the Waikato River
- Temperature of cooling water discharged to the Waikato River
- Fisheries effects
- In river monitoring related to structures
Additional environmental communications from Genesis Energy can be seen here.